Hello John,

MW>> Look under Filter Actions | Create Reading Confirmation (forced).

> Under Filter/Actions I don't see "Create Reading Confirmation
> (forced)" or anything like it. Sometimes I wonder if I have the same
> program as other people!

In TB's main window Cntl+Shft+S will bring up 'Sorting Office' for the
account you are in commonly known as 'Filter'. Account | Sorting/Office
Filters will do the same. Create a 'Read messages' filter with '.' as
the string and leave the 'Inbox' as 'Source' and 'Move' folders. On the
'Actions' tab select 'Create Reading Confirmation (forced)', and on the
'Options' tab select 'Execute action set of this rule by pressing the
Hot Key:' and hit the keys you want.

Or conversely just copy this filter and paste it into your office
filters under 'Read messages'.

----------start------------->
BeginFilter
Name: Reading Confirm
Active: 1
Source: \\ML MyDomain\Inbox
Target: \\ML MyDomain\Inbox
CopyFolder: \\\\none
MainSet: 00.
Actions: faoMakeRCR,faoRegExp,faoHotKey
AddGroups:
DelGroups:
ForwardTemplate:
ConfirmTemplate:
ReplyTemplate:
FwdAddr:
RedirectAddr:
NewAddr:
NewTemplate:
ExtCmd:
ExtFile:
ExtractDir:
ColourGroup: <default>
AddAddrItems: afiFrom,
DelAddrItems: afiFrom,
HotKey: 49223
IsOfColour: <default>
SizeBigger: 0
SizeSmaller: 0
AgeOlder: 0
AgeNewer: 0
InAddrPos: 0
OutAddrPos: 0
InAddrGroups:
NoAddrGroups:
KillFile:
KillMethod: 0
SaveTemplate:
SndFile:
SysSound: 0
SoundTime: 0:00-0:00
AllowTime: 0:00-0:00
EndFilter

You might want to edit your desired hot key on the 'Options' tab.

Greg Strong

Using The Bat! v2.0 Beta/3 on Windows XP 5.1 Build  2600
Service Pack 1