Hello John,

> They sure are buried! I must learn not to ignore scroll bars! What
> will that 'forced confirmation' do? Will it confirm *every* message
> arriving at that folder?

No not if you set it up as a 'Read messages' filter.

> My initial question remains - can I 'force' a confirmation on any
> specific e in the whole account?

If you mean 'e' as in email, then yes with the your designated hot key.

> Sometimes I might want to assure someone that the e has been read and
> will be answered later even though the message is from a new contact
> whose e filters to 'Inbox'.

You can use the filter how ever you want, however you may want to edit
your 'Reading confirmation' template under the 'Account properties'
(Shft+Ctrl+P) or Account | Properties.

Greg Strong

Using The Bat! v2.0 Beta/3 on Windows XP 5.1 Build  2600
Service Pack 1