Greetings,

Over the past few weeks, I have discovered that the only way to
reliably start The Bat (1.62i) is to first start and then exit Outlook
(Outlook is not used for my email.)

And nearly every time I start The Bat, I see this message:  "A call to
an OS function failed." I then hit Enter and The Bat runs normally.

There was a recent message from another user similar to mine, but she
quit The Bat, I believe. Have any of you found a (much!) better
work-around or a *real* solution?

Please don't ask me to upgrade my Bat version if that means I'll run
into other dramas.  I'll have a very busy week. :-)

Best regards,

David