So my question is with these duplicates. The method I described I was
saying it could work effectively if TB was convinced to kill the
Unread messages. If it kills Read messages, then I will be left with
two batches of the same Unread messages.  If it does cut out the
extraneous chaff, and delete not just *comparable* but *identical*
messages, then it will leave a complete archive. (Unless I'm
mistaken.) How does Kill Dupes work?

Am I right in what I said? Can it be convinced to do this?

One day here to experiment if there's some ideas.

 Adam