Hello Spike,
   Actually  it  depends  on  the  digital  sign  used. If a thawte or
   Verisign  digital  signature  is  used it means the sender took the
   time  to  enter  his/her password and send from his client. That is
   the purpose of such devices. So long as it must be entered when the
   email  is  sent  and  for each it should be valid and as such  does
   mean  that  the  sender is legitimate and using proper keys. Now in
   "The  bat"  I should think that would be even better. Unfortunately
   there  are those keyboard capture virus/trojans out there ,however, I
   am  pretty  sure  those  would not work on the passwords entered for
   Certs   because   not   only  the  key presses are needed. Also the
   mapping keys. The Bat should nicely handle that!
   I have to say if every email was authenticated and every IP address
   we would have a lot less hacker problems in general!
   Imagine  every  IP  traceable  to  a digital cert owner all traffic
   accountable  and thereby safer by Id-ing each and every IP address.
   Firewalls could then handle abuse rather than waste time with it.

S> Hello Deborah W,

S> On or about Monday, March 03, 2003 at 18:33:13GMT +0000 (which was
S> 1:33 PM in the tropics where I live) Deborah W posted:

DW>> Certification of emails doesn't make them more secure anyway, & doesn't
DW>> prove anything much, so I wouldn't worry about it :-)

S> 30% of the virus files I get say something about being 'certified
S> virus free' or similar.  It's a non-issue.  Anti-virus is an issue for
S> the receiver.  Most virus senders are clueless individuals to start
S> with.  If you can put two or three coherent sentences together, you're
S> not part of the problem!

 Robert                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]