Hello list,

I've been using TB! for a few years now... but now I got a real
problem I can't seem to figure out. Perhaps someone on the list
can give me a hint with my problem.

I'm using The Bat! 1.62, there are multiple mail accounts set up.
These accounts use different providers. The PC is connected to a LAN
all the time.
Now, sometimes when the automatic mailbox check is done or when I
press "check mail for all", I get prompted with a window to confirm
username and password and a checkbox named "Update account's data".
This shouldn't happen - the accounts have not changed in any way.

When I press "OK", The Bat! reports an error... (mostly: connection to
host broken). When I then press "get new mail" for this mailaccount,
it works without error - so the settings were still correct!

I have experimented a little with authentication settings, no luck.
The only indicator I have is that it might be related to the number of
different mailproviders... sounds stupid, huh? But it happened only
sometimes when I had my mailaccounts at only two providers; now that
they are distributed over three, it happens every few minutes!

Has anybody seen this? Or, better yet: does anybody know a fix?

TIA for any answer!

Georg

 gd_news                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]