Hi,

I'm using TB version 1.48e.  It has worked just fine for a long
time.

But suddenly -- opening the program today, receiving messages,
starting to reply -- the quoting function did not/does not work
in one of my three accounts.  I go to reply, TB brings up the
proper reply screen, but where there should be the original
message, quoted as in the example below from a recent post to
this list . . .

PL> The renamed files are a puzzle.  If I'm willing to remove The
PL> Bat! completely and do a new installation, I can try to
PL> restore from my last  backup, but that will br from the

. . . there is nothing, just a blank white space in the text
window, as if I were composing a new message with the New Message
function.

I am baffled:

1.  I changed no settings that I am aware of.

2.  I searched through the "Account,"  "Tools," "View" menus
looking for something I could do to restore the Reply function,
with no luck.

3.  If I move any message from the afflicted account X to either
of my other two accounts, I can reply properly, with the original
message fully quoted as it should be.

4.  If I move any folder from the afflicted account X to either
of my other two accounts, I can reply properly, with the original
message fully quoted as it should be, to any message in that
moved folder.

5.  If I move any message (or folder) from either of the two
still-good accounts into the afflicted account X and try to
reply, the quoting function does not work and there is nothing
but blank white space in the text window.

These various tests seem to indicate indicate clearly that the
problem is in account X rather than in TB.  But darned if I know
what to do about it.

Am I not seeing something obvious?  Any suggestions?

Many thanks.

Be well,
Jerry