On Sunday, September 28, 2003, ken green wrote in
<mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

kg> a bit disappointed to how willing some people are on this list to
kg> provide detailed step-by-step instructions for some things, yet
kg> there is very little *SPECIFIC* help in regards to
kg> filtering/dealing with spam

ken,

fwiw, my filters at the client level have proven mostly ineffective.
my current strategy, which is working fairly well, is to filter at the
server level by size (my mail service has such a filter). the wormy
mail that gets through not only gets snared by my AV, but it also gets
caught--more than 90% anyway--by my spam filters. so the residual
text-based filters that i have, which did not work so well to begin
with, are not even being used as a practical matter. the point of all
this is that that the lack of helpful responses here may be more a
function of the lack of helpful material with which to respond than it
is a lack of willingness to share specifics.

--
JN