Hello David,

On 29 Sep 2003 at 17:46:17 -0400 GMT [23:46 CEST] you wrote:

DRA> So none of these are usable until I upgrade:

DRA> BayesIt, Popfile, SpamPal, K9, and the Bat's "Known filter" approach.

DRA> Correct? Thank you.

No, incorrect. Of these only BayesIt is a Plugin. Popfile, Spampal and
K9 are independent programs that work with nearly every mail program.
The last one is based on tb's filtering system. It works if you receive
very few mails from contacts who are not in your addressbook. If that
applies to you, use that approach, if not try Popfile, Spampal, K9 or
some similar program.

I can only speak for Popfile. The way it works is that it sits between
your mail server and tb. It then adds a certain header to all mails
specifying the category the mail belongs to. This way you can make tb
filter on the header that marks spam.

--
Cheers,
 Andre

"Call it a clan, call it a network,
 call it a tribe, call it a family.
 Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one."