DZ-Jay-

Friday, October 3, 2003, 3:41:45 AM, you wrote:

DJ> Don't you think its a bit obsessive to force people that don't event
DJ> have a sig block to add a cut line?  If the problem is that you don't
DJ> want to see the footer inserted automatically by the list server, then
DJ> the problem lies in the list server?  Come on!

No, it's not just the list header. Some ISPs and company servers
insert extra tag lines ("the views expressed...") and such, even when
the email sender is unaware of them. Whether or not your ISPs do this,
the common netiquette is to add the cut line so that any extraneous
garbage that the sender didn't intend is cut out of replies.

It also really helps when someone who doesn't do this (Outlook users
in particular) top-posts and includes several previous emails after
their own signature. If I add anything to the thread then I can be
assured that replies to my posting will be trimmed properly.

Simple, no?

--
-Mark Wieder
 Using The Bat! v1.63 Beta/7 on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 2