Hello Jim,

Tuesday, October 21, 2003, 6:44:05 AM, you wrote:

> On 10/20/2003, in <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Jurgen Haug said:

>> I am using GnuPG and can't find anything in the settings via GPGshell...

>   If there isn't a specific reason you are using GPGshell, perhaps you
>   will consider switching to PGP 8.0.2 freeware. It works like a charm
>   in TB! and has a very friendly interface. I am especially impressed
>   with the automated interface to the public key servers so it can
>   look up keys automagically if I don't have them in my keyring.
>   That's just SLICK!

the only reason was that I got the idea (which might have been wrong) that the GNUpg
was more up to date than the other one, OpenPGP (?). Wasn't that one 'new' only with
some special builds that were not official or whatever? Well anyway. GNUpg seemed to
be as capable as any other, only the installation I was warned would be more
complicated. Somehow I got through that.
The PGP 8.0.2 is freeware? I can only find it for 50 dollars?

>   I haven't used PGP since v4, and this is very similar and very easy
>   to use. I am impressed. I can also set the passphrase caching for
>   hours so I only have to enter my passphrase once per email session.

yeah I wish!

--
Regards,
 Jurgen

"Housework is so wonderfully patient that it waits for you no matter HOW long you put
if off."

Using The Bat! v2.01.3
http://www.ritlabs.com/the_bat/index.html

PGP key available on request: send mail with subject 'PGP key request'