Hi P,

@31-Oct-2003, 12:24 -0600 (18:24 UK time) P.Johnson said:

> Is there any reason why TB! would not automatically filter a
> message (when "Manual only" is not ticked in the filter rule) but
> will do so when asked to Re-filter Messages (Folder>right click)?

Sometimes rules used to get corrupted. I would often have to
re-create a rule from scratch to get it to work again. No amount of
tweaking would put it right.

> ... Could the adding of a new rule upset the system somehow (for
> example, by changing the order of the rules)?

It's possible.

> In the Sorting Office under the Options tab, should I always have
> the "Continue processing with other filters" box checked?

Certainly not. It's very much a "special case" option. Normally a
rule has moved a message and it's no longer in the Inbox to process
any further with other filters.

> ... I have rules set up to allow only specific incoming messages.

Where? In "Selective download" filters? I don't really understand
how you have done that. You would have to either selectively
download messages you want or have inbox filters to delete messages
you don't want after download. Why not just suppress download on
that account completely and let the primary account move the
relevant messages across the account boundary?

> When I add a new rule I just enter the information step by step
> and double-check it all, but am not having a lot of success. Any
> advice would be greatly appreciated!

It's hard to tell what you are trying to achieve.

--
Cheers -- .\\arck D Pearlstone -- List moderator
SB! v2.01.12 on Windows XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1