Marck,

>> Is there any reason why TB! would not automatically filter a
>> message (when "Manual only" is not ticked in the filter rule) but
>> will do so when asked to Re-filter Messages (Folder>right click)?

M> Sometimes rules used to get corrupted. I would often have to
M> re-create a rule from scratch to get it to work again. No amount of
M> tweaking would put it right.

I didn't realize this happened. Too bad this is the case, but it's
important to know.

>> In the Sorting Office under the Options tab, should I always have
>> the "Continue processing with other filters" box checked?

M> Certainly not. It's very much a "special case" option. Normally a
M> rule has moved a message and it's no longer in the Inbox to process
M> any further with other filters.

Thanks for clarifying that too.

M> Where? In "Selective download" filters? I don't really understand
M> how you have done that.

What I meant to say is that many of my messages come through one of
the accounts (Account A) and are filtered through to folders in other
accounts. Fine. These messages coming through Account A are also
duplicated to another account inbox (Account X). Account X shares the
same pop account with Account A, which I guess is why this occurs.
Account X uses different From and Reply To addresses for a separate
business. Now I've set up a filter that trashes all the dupes except
those addressed to the business. Is this the most efficient way to do
this? Am I clear as mud?

M> It's hard to tell what you are trying to achieve.

Just trying to navigate the land of the filters successfully, Marck.
:-) There seems to be something about it I just can't grasp easily.
Sorry to be so slow. These early filter difficulties are similar to
ones I had in a different mail program (which also promised an
excellent filter system) which was one of the reasons I abandoned it.

Thanks,
--

Pat

A Canadian in Houston