On Wednesday, December 03, 2003, Tony Boom wrote:

> That last reply didn't go too well did it <Blush>

:)

> Is it The Bat you want to back up and have you got Winrar installed?

Yes, Winrar is installed, but no, it is not just TB! that I'm concerned
with.

I realize that Winrar can be used for the purpose, but I was curious
about experiences with such apps as SecondCopy and Handy Backup, which
seem to offer a quick and dirty 'lite-weight' backup which could be used
on 'hot' data, perhaps every hour or so. This in addition to the full
system backup which is done nightly.

But the immediate problem is that a backup with TB!'s facilities revealed a
corrupted file. The particular folder may have been corrupt for a long
time, since it is mostly archived stuff about a particular issue which
has been inactive. I guess the bottom line is that I'll have to keep the
regular system backups much longer than I have been keeping them.

Thanks for your thought, and best to your daughter...

--

Dave Goodman
The Bat! v1.62r