Hello Peter,

On Friday, December 12, 2003, at 10:00:56 PM, you wrote
re: The Bat! Christmas Discount:

PO> Another reason I posted the msg:
PO> At work I introduced TB! 15 copies, in July, being a 1.62 version.
PO> 2 or 3 months later V2.xx was released.
PO> You could buy it, at 50% of the normal price. Hell, we just paid for it!
PO> Hardly any overlap, not even close to half a year.
PO> How do you expect me to react to such an offer???
PO> How shall I explain that, and the X-mass offer being cheaper, to my
PO> boss??

Very few software vendors have a grandfather update policy of a year.
The industry average is around 60 days. I've seen very few that give
any special upgrade price to those who purchased an upgrade within one
year. If your boss doesn't understand that already than he hasn't been
paying attention to the software industry.

--
Cheers!
Wayne Howard

Using The Bat! version: 2.02.3 CE