On Friday, January 2, 2004, 3:21:16 PM, Chris Montgomery wrote:

>> Uninstalled/reinstalled TB and then restored my six accounts and
>> address books just fine. The problem now is that I can't restore
>> the second backup of just the common folders. Nothing gets
>> restored!

> Well, I was able to restore all of my common folders. I created a new
> common folder in the accounts tree using the same name of my top-level
> common folder that I had used before ("Common Folders"). After that, all
> of my common folders were restored. I still have the problem that my six
> mail account folders are duplicated, however. Sigh.

I went back from the Christmas edition because so many keyboard
shortcuts are broken, but in moving computers Wednesday, I did a
backup, then tried to install and restore on the new machine. None of
the common folders were restored by the backup. I moved them manually,
then did the shft-alt-ctrl-L. It found the common folders, and set up
a set of common folders which duplicate all my accounts.

I have
@email a
@email b

etc and also common folders which are

+email a
+email b

etc. I was hoping someone would post some easy fix that would
straighten this out when these other threads started, but it hasn't
happened.

(If it was only a and b it would't be so bad, but we're talking
several more accounts than that.)

--
Dwight A. Corrin
P O Box 47828