ken-

kg> Since I first noticed it missing, I have restarted both TB and my
kg> computer - I suspect one of those may have fixed the problem.

How long do you go without rebooting your computer? Windows likes to
be rebooted every so often in order to rebuild its driver tables,
especially if you've installed something new or changed some system
setting. (or if there's unusual sunspot activity or if it's a day
ending with the letter "y"). I now make sure I shut down my computers
every night and restart them in the morning to give the house of cards
called an operating system a chance to rebuild things.

--
-Mark Wieder
 Using The Bat! v1.63 Beta/7 on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 4