ken green wrote:

kg> I've gotten really frustrated with The Bat at times lately - even
kg> bitchy.  I was ready to give up on RitLabs and this e-mail client.

Don't. I've been drifting a bit because of problems with IMAP at work
and I've come full circle, even for IMAP use. For POP, TB! rules,
hands down. :) IMAP runs quite well but still has some things to be
ironed, but once that's done, it should make an excellent IMAP client.

kg> I know there are still bugs and even some major problems.  But just
kg> playing around with v2 is really, really cool.  It's like falling in
kg> love again with an old girlfriend... ;)

Good to hear. It's getting better too. The upcoming version will have
a lot of fixes and the view modes setup has been refined/debugged.

kg> Yes, IMAP support is still kinda goofy, but it is WAAAY better
kg> than it was. I set up two IMAP accounts and the only "problem"
kg> I've had is likely due to my ignorance of what a "subscribed"
kg> folder really means. Somehow, in one IMAP account, I've ended up
kg> with two identical folders named Sent Mail. What I was *trying* to
kg> do was make sure the messages I sent from my laptop were getting
kg> stored on the IMAP server and being synched with both computers.

Yes.

When you initially create the IMAP account, local 'Sent Mail',
'Outbox' and 'Trash' mailboxes are created. To make them server side,
you use the options defined in the Mail Managements section of the
Account Properties dialog. I had to create corresponding IMAP
mailboxes on the server to be used.

When you enable server side folders, you'll initially see two of each
in your mailbox list. I think an exit and restart should fix that. Or
you could open the 'Manage IMAP folders' panel and hit the 'Reset'
button.

Subscribing to a mailbox means that you wish to have it shown in your
account for browsing. For example, at work, I wish to read mail only
from some folders, so I subscribe only to those IMAP folders. At home I
subscribe to all IMAP folders.

kg> I really like version 2....

Great. :) Good to hear.

--