Ken Green, [KG] wrote:

KG> Why did you have to create corresponding IMAP mailboxes?

Because when a new IMAP account is created on my IMAP server, MDaemon
Pro, only the Inbox is created server side. I had to create Trash etc.

KG> I already have IMAP folders on the server, and am simply synching
KG> them with TB.

In your case, you don't have to create any folders.

KG> In face, TB calls the Sent folder Sent Mail, so I have to go into
KG> the IMAP settings and set Sent Mail to sync with the server-side
KG> folder 'Sent.' Is this not the way to do things?

Yes.

KG> Here's a bigger, more important question:

KG> I have discovered that I can use IMAP on both laptop (v2 CE) and desktop
KG> (v1.62r) and when I send mail from the laptop a message gets stored in
KG> the Sent folder server-side. When I invoke Dispatcher on my desktop and
KG> select Sent from the drop-down, I can then download mail I sent while I
KG> was away from my desk. And it downloads correctly to the local Sent
KG> folder.

I've never used IMAP prior to v2, so I'm not sure how that system would
specifically work. However, it seems to be working reasonably.

KG> Until I discovered the manual sync of the Sent folder, I had been
KG> sending Bcc copies when I sent out mail from my laptop to a special
KG> sent@ address I set up. When I returned to my desktop, that mail would
KG> get filters to the Sent folder. But this seems redundant and unnecessary
KG> with IMAP.

Yes, it is. IMAP makes that sort of gymnastics unnecessary. :)

KG> What I'd like to know is this: will this be improved if I upgrade my
KG> desktop to v2? I'd like to just synch the IMAP folder automatically. It
KG> appears that this is easy to do with v2, but I wanted to make sure
KG> before I took the plunge and said good-bye to v1 forever. ;)

Oh yes, it will be. :)

If on both systems, the Sent folders are configured to be server side,
and you have both systems set to sync the Sent folders automatically,
then what you send on one machine will be seen on the other system.

Right now, when I manage mail at work, I return home to see things just
as I left them at work, Sent folder included. :) It's really great.

--
     -= allie_M =- | List Moderator
   PGPKeys: http://key.ac-martin.com