On Monday, February 2, 2004 at 11:33:32 PM, Lynn wrote in the message
"mail password" <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

JA>> Have you tried looking at the account log? It may have some hints as
JA>> to why it's reporting the password is incorrect. I know a while back
JA>> that TB popped up the password box on a server error, regardless of
JA>> the error, so locked mailboxes caused a similar kind of result.

> Well, I did two things after I saw your mail .. I had a
> look at the log, no joy there, nothing at all in the way
> of errors, and I went to the account on comcast's page
> and logged in there (after closing TB) to see what
> happened there with the password. The password is right,
> and believe me, I have put it into TB's field v-e-r-y
> carefully, one letter at a time several times today.

Just in case this is the problem, verify the "Connection" type and
"Authentication" mechanism. Most servers take regular for both. You
may need to check with your ISP if they use a "non-standard" (and
probably more secure) method for either of these.

--
Chris
Quoting when replying to this message is good for your karma.

Bug? That's not a bug, that's a feature.

Using The Bat! v2.02.3 CE on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1