Thanks for the replies guys. I'm using Mark's one at the moment for testing - to see
if it does what I want. I was wondering if it could be refined:
1. To make the previously replied to text only have one '>' character before it -
after a few replies backwards & forwards, the text down at the bottom of the email has
3 or 4 of the '>' characters before it - I assume because one '>' is added everythime
you or the recipient hits the reply button.
2. I did change the %QUOTES to %TEXT - I prefer the %TEXT because if you just use the
%QUOTES, text after a sig delimiter (for anyone who uses one & replies to one of your
emails) gets cut off. When I reply to an email, I want the whole history displayed -
every single little bit of text, every punctuation mark, nothing left out. The problem
I found when I changed to %TEXT was that some of the text that you are replying to
remains coloured black - whereas if you use the %QUOTES, all the replied to text is in
a different colour to the one that you use. Is there any way to strike a balance
between the two - on the one hand, have all text quoted like with %TEXT, but on the
other have it all a different colour like in %QUOTES?
Essentially what I am trying to do here is to make The Bat! behave like Microsoft
Outlook - the email program that every place I have ever worked has used. Using it 8
hours a day for some years makes you expect things to be a certain way (even though
the email program you use at home - The Bat! in my case obviously - is far superior).
This replying business is one of them. I got the text that I wanted in my replies from
an Outlook email thread, & now with the last 2 points above, I'm trying to make it
exactly the same. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

Avoid parking tickets by leaving your windshield wipers turned to fast wipe whenever
you leave your car parked illegally.