Hello bats,

on Mon, 1. Mar 2004 at 22:50:12 +0100 Peter Ouwehand wrote:

dh>> That could be simply done with radio buttons:
dh>> "root (Known folder), AB folder, group folder".
> The 'root' should be more flexible than just being the <Known> folder.

in what way? you can of course rename the "Inbox - Known" folder and
afaik even move it to where you want in your account.
But theres a limit again: I think it cannot be a common folder.

I had another idea yesterday evening:
what about a function filter?
That would be a filter that calls an template and looks for the
result ('match', ''/'unmatch').
That could be something easy like this:
----->8--------------------------------------------------------
%IF:'%TOADDR'='[EMAIL PROTECTED]':'%_result=match'
%_result
----->8--------------------------------------------------------

or (and that I am thinking of) powerful python code. With that you
could group a lot of your regular filters into a single one or
simulate such an above known filter, except that it would fail on a
missing macro to create folders..
So this is IMHO a very good idea, but would need some more macros
(that could be bind to the filter templates context only, of course).

Good idea?

--
shinE!
http://www.thequod.de ICQ#152282665