Deborah W wrote:

I'm also not satisfied with "pretty well spam-safe" (especially when
it was "zero spam risks" only a few days ago) so I won't be
posting. Yes, I know that nothing is spam-safe - but this is where my
line is drawn.

Let's say Deborah, that with the current GMane setup, you're as likely to receive spam, posting to the tblists as you were all along. The spammer will have no easier a time obtaining your e-mail address as he would have before.

It's not like it's impossible for your address to be harvested even now. One such way to harvest would be to just subscribe to the list for a month or two and then harvest the addresses from the messages. The same for TBOT etc.

However, this would not seem to be very practical since there's much easier fish to be caught via open usenet, circulating address lists etc. I've been using the address that I currently use for TBOT for a long time and haven't been receiving spam for that address.

So if you're proposing not posting then, I propose not posting at all to any of the lists. ;) IMO, your concern is unreasonable and inconsistent, considering that you've been posting to the lists all along. :)

--
-=[ Allie Martin ]=- | List Moderator
  PGPKeys: http://key.ac-martin.com