Oliver Wolfram, [OW] wrote:

OW> OK, since nobody seems to be able to help, I'll talk to myself for
OW> a while. Feel free to jump in... ;)

I don't have any specific suggestions since I haven't been using
S/MIME. I guess it's the same for many others here who like me, use
PGP or GnuPG.

OW> which enables OE to encrypt messages with 3DES even if the
OW> recipient's capabilities are "unknown". While this fixes the
OW> problem, it is still not clear why TB will not embed this
OW> information within the signature. Or maybe I'm totally wrong and
OW> this should all be within the certificate?

Go to the 'Options' menu and select S/MIME. Do you have MS CryptoAPI
enabled there?  This is just a guess. I do know that the internal and
MS CryptoAPI engines work differently. Since you're communicating with
an OE user, this may make a difference.

--
-=[ Allie ]=- (List Moderator and fellow end-user)

PGPKeys: http://key.ac-martin.com
Running The Bat! v2.04.7 on WinXP Pro (SP1)