[EMAIL PROTECTED] - [Dienstag, 23. März 2004, 00:02:32]:

>> Go to the 'Options' menu and select S/MIME. Do you have MS CryptoAPI
>> enabled there?  This is just a guess. I do know that the internal and
>> MS CryptoAPI engines work differently.

OK, another challenge, this time, no OE is involved:

I have a signed message. With the internal implementation the
signature is "invalid". Upon clicking on "view INVALID vertificate" I
get "PKCS#7 object cannot be parsed". When I switch to CryptoAPI, the
signature suddenly becomes valid. So far, so good. This sometimes
seems to happen (telling from the archives). Work around would simply
be to use the CryptoAPI.

But it gets somewhat more annoying:

Having imported the signature using CryptoAPI I now try to send an
encrypted message. Turns out, I cannot do that, I have to switch back
to the internal implementation (and import the certificate to the Bat
from the MS certificate repository) to be able to encrypt it. The
error given while using the MS thing is "Cannot find a certificate to
encrypt a message to ...".

I should add that this only happens with ONE type of certificate, from
a specific CA (WEB.DE). Certificates from Cacert.org work perfectly.
Of course I have the Web.de root certificate imported etc.

I guess my question is: can anybody tell me why TB doesn't seem to find
the user certificate upon encryption? Where does it look?

Thanks a lot,
Oliver

--
PGP welcome.  Click [ http://www.oliverwolfram.de/pgp.txt ] for my public key.
°°°°°°°°°°°°  Fingerprint:   0294 8249 8EE6 D4C0 DFB2 F3A2 ED5F AD45 C90B 6C05