Hello TBUDL,

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 07:33:03 +0000 (UTC) GMT (31/03/2004, 14:33 +0700 GMT),
Thomas wrote in <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

T> (I am writing this via Gmane's webinterface. )

The message took several hours to arrive. The reason is that Gmane
sent an email to my address with the following text:

T> You have sent a message to be posted on the
T> gmane.mail.the-bat.user newsgroup.
T>
T> Before the message is posted on the newsgroup, you have
T> to confirm that you exist.  Just reply to this message, and
T> the message will be posted.
T>
T>
T> You have to respond within one week.

Well. If I checked this email address in the office, I wouldn't need
to use Gmane's web interface now, would I? Or is it only a one-time
issue? (I think I'll try that in a moment.)

I also noticed that many messages are missing, as many TBUDL members
have chosen to set the headers not to archive the messages. While I
understand why (I was the first one to cry foul after all), it makes
some threads unintelligible and defeast the purpose of the archive.

One good point about Gmane: The sig delimiter still worked when the
message arrived back here (via email list).

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

In an office: AFTER TEA BREAK STAFF SHOULD EMPTY THE TEAPOT AND STAND
UPSIDE DOWN ON THE DRAINING BOARD

Message reply created with The Bat! 2.05 Beta/12
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using a Pentium P4 1.7 GHz, 256MB RAM