Hi Rich,

Friday, May 14, 2004, 2:30:37 PM, you asked:

rg> 1) What is the QT "cleanup" for?

  As I had hoped when I saw your questions last night, Marck and
  Jonathan have already given you a more authoritative answer to most of
  your questions than I could, but since Marck passed on explaining
  "cleanup," I'll explain that one.

  First, I didn't write it. I grabbed it from this list when someone
  (perhaps Roelof Otten) posted it as a way to clean up the subject of a
  message removing such things as excessive Re's and Fwd's from the
  subject. And in my case, the main reason I use it is to remove the
  classifications that PopFile adds to the subject as it sorts the
  [SPAM] from the [personal] messages I receive.

  In case you have further interest or in the event one of the Regex
  gurus wants to analyze and explain it, here 'tis:

  The Cleanup QT
  ============8<===================================================

  %subject="Re:%setpattregexp='(?i)\A\:?(\s*\[.*\])?%-
  %RegExpBlindMatch=""%OSubj""%SubPatt=""5"""

  You might compare this one to the one in the Macro and QT library at
  this link ...

  http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/Library.html?#clean+subject

--
Regards,
 Perry

Using The Bat! v2.10.03 on Windows ME 4.90 Build 3000