Hello tbudlers,

  I thought I'd give this another try.

Saturday, May 8, 2004, 12:36:41 PM, I wrote:

>   I've noticed that when I update AVG's virus definitions (6.0 free
>   version), that the version number showing in TB
>   (options|preferences|anti-virus) has not updated to the latest
>   version.  I've always closed and restarted TB.  Is it really
>   necessary to do that to get the anti-virus plugin updated?

To put it differently:  I'm sure many of you use TB with an anti-virus
plug in.  Do you need to close and restart TB after updating the virus
definitions?  It used to be that AVG would warn me that TB was running
(with the plug in) when I would update it and that I should restart TB.
That hasn't happened for some months now (after an update).  Does anyone
know if that is still necessary generally, and for AVG in particular?

 Lee

Using The Bat! v2.10.03 on Windows 2000 5.0 Build  2195
Service Pack 4