Dear Ken,

@25-May-2004, 11:53 -0500 (25-May 17:53 UK time) ken green [K] in
mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] said to Marck:

K> How do you know the question was about local filters?

Because he was talking about messages moving from outbox to the
default "sent" folder and making some specific sent folders as
sub-folders of the default Sent folder - all particularly local
phenomena.

K> I didn't get that from the original post. Although upon a few
K> more re-readings, I would probably assume he is talking about a
K> POP account.

Well ... SMTP.

K> Also (and this is just for my own knowledge), when you say "local
K> filters" does that only apply to POP? I would interpret local
K> filters as filters that happen client-side (POP or IMAP) as
K> opposed to server-side (IMAP only).

K> Am I wrong about that?

Well - to be a complete pedant about it, we're actually talking
about client side SMTP. In a non-IMAP environment, Incoming message
filters are for client side POP while Outgoing filters are for
client side SMTP.

>> I accept that IMAP has problems and wouldn't have attempted to
>> answer any IMAP questions since I don't use the protocol myself
>> :-).

K> I just got my laptop back in commission and will be trying out
K> betas again, but as I posted earlier, 2.10.03 has been pretty
K> good to me - using IMAP.

K> I know there are still problems, but 2.10.03 is a *HUGE*
K> improvement in usability, functionality and performance for me. I
K> must admit that I don't do anything fancy right now - too scared
K> to ;) I'm saving the "tough stuff" for my laptop, where I can
K> afford multiple re-installs, etc.

I'm still feeling smugly glad to be out of the way of the IMAP
proving grounds. All much too hairy for my tastes!

--
Cheers -- //.arck D Pearlstone -- List moderator
TB! v2.11 Beta/6 on Windows XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1