Hello Robin,

Monday, May 24, 2004, 5:00:53 AM, you wrote:

raoca> If you want to set a language for existing addressbook entries (as
raoca> opposed to being able to set a language in a reply to a previously
raoca> unknown sender), one approach would be to use the addressbook memo field

Is there a (semi-)automated way to insert such a line in hundreds of AB
entries?

raoca> For recipients that don't use your standard language,

Unfortunately I do not have any "standard" language.

raoca> you could include a
raoca> line in the memo field that looks like "language: FR" and include in your
raoca> message template a macro that searches for such an entry in this field. I
raoca> currently do this for setting read and delivery receipt requests, and for
raoca> selecting which signatures to use for particular recipients.
raoca> If you create the following QT, it will look for "language: XX" on a line
raoca> by itself in the memo field of the first recipient of the message, and
raoca> set the language of the message accordingly. Other information in the
raoca> memo field (on other lines) will not affect the language setting.

I find your proposition very helpful, and I would like to use it.
But I am afraid of manually adding a line to all my AB entries.

And since reality is more complicated than any theory I guess that I
will forget sometimes to add this line to each new contact. That is
why I dream about the following solution:

When composing a message (new or reply),
1) your QT could get the language information from the AB memo field,
2) if there is no such info, the recipient's address domain extension
is used to determine the language,
3) if this is not possible (".com" or Slovak using a Czech domain,
etc.), in this case there should be a possibility to call manually a
QT (as Miguel Urech described on Saturday in mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
And depending on this language information
1) %CharSet is defined,
2) %Language is defined and
3) different text templates are used

Sounds good, doesn't it? - Who writes the code? (-:

If I get this working I will uninstall MS Outlook from my machine. (-:

Cyrille
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

[ TB! 2.10.01, Windows ME 4.90 Build 3000, Pentium 233Mhz with 95MB ]