Dear Cyrille,

@26-May-2004, 11:00 +0200 (26-May 10:00 UK time) Cyrille [C] in
mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] said to Cyrille:

C>> During the last three days about 10% of the list traffic has been
C>> about wrong signature delimiters. (!!)
C>> The problem was most of the time the missing space after the two dashes.

C> Is this signature delimiter thing ("line break - dash - dash - space -
C> line break") a recognized Internet standard or just a TB
C> convention ?

It's a recognised convention that has migrated from usenet to email
and is used by (est.) 90% of mail client software. It isn't in an
RFC as such (at least, a 20 minute Google didn't reveal it)

C> [No sig and no delimiter...]

Hmmm - I'm just discussing this with the other mods, but I'm
absolutely certain that an attempt to put in a cut mark is better
than a disclaimer. I use reply extraction macros that are more
forgiving than the default and accept the cut mark without trailing
space. So, why not just "do the best you can" while we discuss the
rules backstage.

--
Cheers -- //.arck D Pearlstone -- List moderator
TB! v2.11 Beta/6 on Windows XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1