Allen wrote in
<mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> 6/2/2004, 4:36 PM: Arthur said in "Top-Posting and message list (was Re: The Bat!
> Help File)"

AT>> This would be a great feature.  Mutt (from my unix days) used to have
AT>> this feature and it was very handy to just hit a button and hide all
AT>> the quoted text immediately and just read the text added.

If you miss it, Mutt can now be used on Windows systems.
<http://www.geocities.com/win32mutt/cygwin.html>

> I  am  -all-  for  this! Could be a -very- handy feature. Many newsreaders
> (which  often  double  as  mail  clients)  support such a feature; a quick
> keyboard  shortcut  will  toggle the quotes full/suppressed -- I'd love to
> see  such a feature in TB!. Another approach (xnews uses such an approach)
> is  to  have a command that will skip over quotes -- though that's notably
> less  intuitive  than  the  former  method  when dealing with interspersed
> replies.

Just to be clear to those not using Xnews, the skip key will
automagically scroll down past a block of quoted text each time you
tap it.  It leaves the last line of the quote in the view pane,
for a bit of context.

In case this stuff ever makes it to a wish list, there's a third
option, which IIRC Gravity has.  It's possible to hide most quoted
text but leave a couple of lines from each quoted block visible;
often this is enough to remind the reader of context.

--
Mike

TB! v1.60q
Windows XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1