Hallo Cyrille,

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 07:15:24 +0200GMT (7-6-04, 7:15 +0200, where I
live), you wrote:

C> At the end of the QT I omitted also the # at the end of the last code
C> line.

That's isn't a very good idea. You'd better put it back.

C> What is this # good for?

It's a delimiter, just like you can use "" or '' to separate sections,
you can also use ##,  _ _ or &&.
In this case your first %if statement uses #, so it read
%if:#condition#:#then#:#else#
The else part was a whole lot of %if's and by omitting the last # you
confuse TB where to stop with your %if. It might go alright because
there's nothing relevant until the end of the QT, but as a matter of
principle you should always try to use a correct syntax.

C> What *exactly* does %-?

It tells the editor to ignore the newline character immidiately behind
it. So the editor translates this:
"I'm typing a $-
silly text."
"I'm typing a silly text"
In this example the %- macro has no real use, but in complex macros or
QT's it can enhance the readability by placing separate constructs on
a single line in stead of having everything on one single line.

C> Where in the help file or where on the net can I read more about # and
C> %- ?

The # part is explained in the 'main macros page' in the help.

--
Groetjes, Roelof

Disclaimer: Any opinion stated in this message is not necessarily shared by my budgies
or rabbits.