Howdy Robin,

Thursday, June 10, 2004, 10:26:34 PM, Robin wrotened:

>> There  is  a  way.  If you sort by subject then hold ctrl and click on
>> received  it  sorts  the list by subject and received date.

Robin> I didn't realise that! How did you find out? Trial and error, or is it
Robin> actually in the help file somewhere?

No,  i  think  i learnt it from Databases... Some allow you to do that
exact  thing  if  you  hold down ctrl and click... so as a mailbase is
just  a  database  i  guess  i  thought i would try and i did like the
result.. hence this thread.

>> What i was wondering was if there is a way to do this automatically. I
>> dont think there is though so hey

Robin> Actually, I have experimented, and I think you can. If you create a new
Robin> view mode that is sorted by subject and apply it to the folder, then use
Robin> the CTRL-click method to add the second sort to that, it will remember
Robin> that. Anytime you apply that view mode to another folder - voila, it
Robin> works!

Robin> Unfortunately it does forget the second sort if you ever go into manage
Robin> view modes and edit this particular one - so the moral is, once you have
Robin> set it up, don't try to edit it.

A good moral, if it works dont touch it. Thanks to all

--
Have Fun,

|>      |>
|>en is |\ohop

crashing The Bat! v2.11.03
falling out of mid air with Windows XP 5.1 Build  2600
Service Pack 1

There is a light side, a dark side, and then there's my side, we kill
people ten times faster and with less reason.