Sl, [S] wrote:

> Further to my recent post re runtime errors - apparently associated
> with ver 2.11.x...I started getting 'error reading database'
> messages (ERDM)...in ver 2.10.03...which doesn't seem to elicit
> runtime error messages....

> I invoked Message Finder to find certain messages in the Inbox of my
> IMAP account.

This is occurring with an IMAP account? Hmmmmm.

We would then need to know if you're searching cached messages or if
you're searching the server's database.

Have you tried clearing the Inbox cache? Right click the Inbox and hit
the 'clear cache now' button. Resync so that the local cache can be
rebuilt. Are you still having the problem? If so, then the problem is
with the server's database.

We'll now have to elucidate if it's a genuine problem with the
database or a problem with TB! using that server's databases.
Questions that would help to clarify this are:

- Is this an acquired problem or has it always existed when using TB!
with this IMAP account?

- Have you tried another IMAP client and doing searches with the same
IMAP account? Does the other IMAP client work with the account without
any problems?

> This caused an ERDM which asked me to repair the database. Despite
> attempts to do this (using Maintenance)... all of which
> failed...eventually I could only get out of The Bat (TB) by
> rebooting the computer.

This will VERY likely not work if you're trying to use TB!'s mailbase
repair tool to repair an IMAP account's *remote* mailbase.

--
-=[ Allie ]=- (List Moderator and fellow end-user)

PGPKeys: http://key.ac-martin.com
Running The Bat! v2.11.04 on WinXP Pro (SP1)