Hi Charles,

on Sun, 13 Jun 2004 17:12:48 +0200GMT, you wrote:

CMG>>> What I'm looking for is a template to ease working with certain mailing
CMG>>> lists. This type of mailing list has a Reply-To header set to the
CMG>>> original sender of the message, not the post address for the mailing
CMG>>> list.

PM>> Create an address book entry for the list and insert the following
PM>> line in the reply template:

PM>> %TO=""%TO='"%OFROMNAME on listname" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>'%-

CMG> Wow, that was quick! However, it still replies to the original sender of
CMG> the message. Here's the headers:

CMG> ...headers snipped...

CMG> The problem is three-fold:

CMG> 1. The From line shows the original sender.

So that's the one chosen when you hit "Reply", as there is no Reply-To
header according to the list owner's decision. That's why you have to
*hard code* the list name and address in the template.

CMG> 3. There are two Delivered-To lines.

CMG> Can a template be made so that TB! replies to the second Delivered-To
CMG> line?

I don't know. Hard coding the actual address is easier. I assume that
the list name and address don't change too often, or do they? ;-)

--
Cheers
Peter

And always remember that it's bad style
to start a sentence with a conjunction!

Winamp currently playing: Gabrielle Roth - Eliana