Way back in August 2003 I inquired about how to set up The Bat on a
laptop, download e-mail from the server, and, eventually, transfer all
of the downloaded e-mail to the pre-exising Bat file on my desktop.
Alie's response clued me in to synchronization.  Well, after 10
months, I am just getting around to setting up The Bat on the laptop,
and I am running into a problem in just trying to copy the_bat_o.exe
file to the laptop.  When I run the setup file, I get the following
error message when I attempt to install The Bat to the c:\program
directory: "cannot access directory \\DESKTOP\THE BAT!\MAI"

Why would it try to access the desktop?
And, even though a Bat subdirectory was created within the program
directory, when I attemtp to click on the bat.exe file, I get the same
error message.  Why?

--
Avi
Avram Sacks