On Tue 6-Jul-04 11:23am -0400, Roelof Otten wrote:

> Hallo Bill,

> On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 22:06:32 -0500GMT (6-7-2004, 5:06 +0200, where I
> live), you wrote:

BM>> In my family address book, I have multiple entries for the with the
BM>> same email address.

> For the reasons you explained that's a bad habit. ;-) TB picks the
> first AB entry with the correct address.

BM>>     Name      Handle  Address
BM>>     ----      ------  -------
BM>>     Dad         dd    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BM>>     Mom         mm    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BM>>     Mom & Dad   md    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

BM>> My templates use address book macros and pick up the same name no
BM>> matter whether I enter dd, mm or md.  How do I get around this?

> Just use the Mom & Dad address and create two quick templates, call
> this one 'dd':

Thanks for your suggestion, but I'm looking for something more
general - my macro uses other info form the address book such as data
of birth for some date arithmetic I do.

I've got a solution that's almost complete.  It requires that I change
my address book so each entry has a unique address such as, following
my example:

    Name      Handle  Address
    Dad         dd    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Mom         mm    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Mom & Dad   md    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I'll post my solution when I complete it - I've become a bit rusty on
my regex stuff.

Bill