Hallo Peter,

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 14:18:10 -0700GMT (20-7-2004, 23:18 +0200, where I
live), you wrote:

PC> 'Server Reports Error. The response is: Enter mail.  End with "." on a
PC> line by itself.'

TB expects the number 354 in front of that text.The server probably
gives that signal, since it wouldn't work any other way with any other
client. The fact that you don't always get those signals point to the
possiblities of you having a bad connection with your ISP or that
you're running an smtp proxy that's a tad out of sync with the
servers.

--
Groetjes, Roelof

Disclaimer: Any opinion stated in this message is not necessarily shared by my budgies
or rabbits.