Hello Allie,
Would you like things in the body, instead?

I simply wonder why people do not like long sigs, yet keep writing
macros that are used in sigs.  I have a cut mark.

Spam Stats, last 24 hours (BayesIt! 0.5.9)
Total Spam Emails: 99
Total Clean Emails: 116
BayesIT guessed right 99.979798% of the time
My email is 46.046512% spam

morning           day            evening
==============================           17:42

- From this point on, anyone who asks me any questions about the version
of The Bat! I am using, the system I am using or any other question
that could be answered by a macro in the sig area should be punished.

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, Allie mused about "Playing with BayesIT macros"
(at least in part):

AM> Michael L. Wilson, [MLW] wrote:

>> I take this view. If people do not want long signatures, then stop
>> writing so many F*ing macros. I like to play with the macros and
>> test them, and now you complain about my sig being too long. oh
>> well.

AM> As with Marck and Leif, I've been late on seeing this, but profanity,
AM> expressly written or merely implied through the use of easily
AM> understood abbreviations or replacement of non-critical letters with
AM> other characters, is against list rules. We hope that you'll not do
AM> this again in future.

AM> Additionally, I do tend to agree with Plan9's sentiments and also
AM> think that your signature is too long. Signature length is also
AM> mentioned in the list rules. Excessively long signatures tend to
AM> irritate discussion list members far more commonly than they make them
AM> pleased. Not to mention the larger group that simply ignores long
AM> signatures. So, in the end, it's just not a good idea.

AM> We therefore officially ask that you shorten your signature to 4-6
AM> lines (not including the PGP sig). Thanks!

- --
Michael