**AHAAA***!!!

Finally got hold of tech support today and they say my ISP *has*
changed its servers--which it did *not* tell us when Geek Son
called. Now it requires you to download email from
your ISP-based email account before it will allow you to send anything
through someone else's server. Since I hardly ever use my ISP's
email account and generally send through the fastmail server, this would explain it.

If, after this telnet authorization expires, it works, I'll let
you know. If not, I'll let you know that, too.

Thanks, all, for your help and encouragement.

--
Anna

(I remembered the lines! I remembered the lines!)