Hello DZ-Jay,

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 09:33:48 -0400 GMT (08/08/2004, 20:33 +0700 GMT),
DZ-Jay wrote:

rg>>> May I suggest that if text in a received email is highlighted and then
rg>>> a reply is initiated that it should be assumed that the reply is meant
rg>>> to perform this F4 function by default?

>> huh? errrr... I think that's what happens now.

DJ> You mean, "now" as in v2.13, the version you are using?
DJ> Because at least on my version, v2.12, it does not do that; you
DJ> still have to hit F4.

You will have to tell TB somehow that you want to create a reply; the
alternative is that a reply will be automtically created (editor
window opened) when you release the mouse button after highlighting.
That can cause problems, as you want to finetune the quotation.

DJ> I think that what the poster was suggesting is the behaviour found
DJ> in Eudora, where any standard operation on an opened message (i.e.
DJ> reply, forward, redirect, etc.) when text is selected, will quote
DJ> and include only the selected text.

I don't understand what you are saying. OK, so in Eudora, you select
text in an incoming message. But then you will have to tell Eudora
what to do with the selection: reply, forward, redirect?

DJ> Eudora offers this as an option in its configuration.  Maybe TB!
DJ> could do the same? :)

I think TB does it, doesn't it?

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Alexander Strehmel (Unterhaching): Gerade in einem Spiel, wo die
Nerven blank liegen, muss man sein wahres Gesicht zeigen und die Hosen
runterlassen.

under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using a Pentium P4 1.7 GHz, 256MB RAM