Hi Robin and list,

On Tuesday, August 10, 2004 at 20:30:41 GMT +1000 (which was 12:30
where I live) Robin Anson wrote (at least in parts) and made these
valuable points on the subject of "Folders dont display contents
immediately":

> On 16 July in mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] I complained that
> TB! was taking an inordinate amount of time to start up and that
> sometimes when I selected a folder in the account tree the contents would
> not display immediately in the message list.

Well I can't reproduce the slow startup here. But taking much time
selecting a folder is a problem I have here too.

That problem occurs reproducible with large folders ( > 5,000 msgs).

It seems about 2 secs. for a folder with 2,000 msgs, 10 secs for a
folder with 5,000 msgs. I just waited 30 secs for a folder with 12,000
msgs, selecting a folder with 28,000 msgs caused TB! to quit itself
silently :-(

This very "time-problem" occurs when I try to mark a large folder (or
a folder with large subfolders as read. My achieves folders now (with
NFS) get their mail-copies not marked read anymore. When I'm up to
marking this tree (about 250,000 mails altogether) as read, i can
easily have a couple of games of freecell or so in the meantime. The
number of msgs to mark (1 or 200) doesn't make any difference in time.

This problems seems to be introduced in this last
beta-series starting with b1.

> Has anyone else experienced the problem? Does anyone know of a solution,
> even a possible solution, before I go crazy with frustration???!!!

No solution yet but trust in the developer team :-).

--
Regards
Michael