On Tue 10 August 2004, 21:03:25 +1000, Michael Geyer wrote:
> Well I can't reproduce the slow startup here. But taking much time
> selecting a folder is a problem I have here too.
>
> That problem occurs reproducible with large folders ( > 5,000 msgs).
>
> It seems about 2 secs. for a folder with 2,000 msgs, 10 secs for a
> folder with 5,000 msgs. I just waited 30 secs for a folder with 12,000
> msgs, selecting a folder with 28,000 msgs caused TB! to quit itself
> silently :-(
>
> This very "time-problem" occurs when I try to mark a large folder (or
> a folder with large subfolders as read. My achieves folders now (with
> NFS) get their mail-copies not marked read anymore. When I'm up to
> marking this tree (about 250,000 mails altogether) as read, i can
> easily have a couple of games of freecell or so in the meantime. The
> number of msgs to mark (1 or 200) doesn't make any difference in time.
>
> This problems seems to be introduced in this last
> beta-series starting with b1.

This is a different problem from the one I experience. My problem happens
intermittently and the 40 sec delay happens on folders with less than 100
messages.

I have 2 accounts in TB!, one with 1900 messages, one with 4600 messages.
I keep my inboxes small (90 msgs in one, 13 in the other) yet the inboxes
display the same problem.

Furthermore, the time delay appears to be a constant value of 40 secs,
irrespective of the size of the folder.

And during the delay the CPU usage remains at a low value (<10%).

--
Robin

Using The Bat! v2.12.00 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1