Hello Christopher,

CB> Hi List,

CB> I installed bayesit 0.5.5 about a week ago. I trained it up
CB> on the folder of junk mail I had collected, and on the non-junk.
CB> Then every morning, I do a manual 'mark as junk'. To date, my junk
CB> folder contains 1667 messages. The total from my non-junk folders
CB> is about 3000.

One thing the others did not mention ...

Did you upgrade from an earlier version of Beyesit?  I had some real
problems until I uninstalled Bayesit, ruthlessly deleted every
reference to it and it's data on my hard drive (I found files in
the 'Programs' tree where the bat executables are located *AND* more
data files in the Data store area).

Once I re-added the plug in and trained it (yes you will want *LOTS*
of Non-Spam to train it!) it has been working well.

 MikeD                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Using The Bat! v2.12.00 on Windows ME 4.90 Build  3000