On Sunday, August 29, 2004 it appears that Alexander
wrote the following in regards to "Virtual Folder Problem":

A> I'm trying to set up a Virtual Folder that contains all mail correspondence
A> *from* and *to* the members of a specific address book group (with threaded
A> view, would be very handy to watch all kinds of private conversations with
A> these people). Sounds easy... [big snip]

A> I then selected my inbox and my sent folder to be watched, and after
A> clicking OK it takes a moment until I get an "out of memory" error. After
A> that, the selected folders are de-selected again (which may be a security
A> measure, in case the VF doesn't work?). When I select the same folders
A> again, I sometimes get the same error again, sometimes TB becomes
A> completely unresponsive.

A> Now, I have some 3500 mails in my sent folder, but: doing the exact same
A> thing with a VF that is looking for mails from or to *one* specific
A> person/mail address only works without problems. So, I assume it
A> is a bug [/snip]

Hi Alexander.

 I tried your experiment but set it up a little differently.

 However in this case I don't think it makes a difference because I
 encountered a similar problem as the one you describe.

 For the record, this was my set up:

 recipient = a
 sender = a
 subject = b
 message = b

 selected folders: in & known in several accounts

 As soon as I clicked ok after setting up all the parameters, TB!
 froze. The next time I tried it, it shuddered but then completed
 the task. But it was not an easy process for TB! and I had it
 searching folders that had only a few messages in them. So my
 conclusion is that there probably is a problem somewhere.

 Now I'm using a beta version so I'm going to take the liberty of
 cross posting this on the beta list. Hope you don't mind.

 HTH

--
Jan Rifkinson
Ridgefield CT USA