Hello Alexander!

On Friday, September 03, 2004, 4:42 PM, you wrote:

ASK> is the .msl format for the smiley description explained
ASK> somewhere?

Not so far as I know. It's 9Val's original design--he's one of the
developers at RITLabs. He did it in his spare time and the others
decided to incorporate it. From that, working with Leif, Roguemoticons
were developed, which work on the same principle, and eventually the
capability to have the Roguemoticons in the headers was developed,
again, as I understand it, working with Leif.

ASK> I'd interpret the lines as:

ASK>  smiley="<path>",value,"<matches>","<description>"

ASK> ...but what is the "value" exactly? I only see it being "0" in the
ASK> default.msl and pdsf.msl files I have.

I'm nowhere near being a programmer. When I want to edit an .msl line
in my own file on my own machine, I carefully copy the format of the
one above it.

ASK> In addition, how does TheBat handle multiple .msl files? I see a
ASK> file "order.txt" in the images folder, and apparently it is
ASK> written by TheBat... but what does it mean?

I think The Bat! looks in both .msl files (we have no duplicate
handles or images) and simply matches.

The order.txt file may not even be necessary. I vaguely recall a post
by Leif on tbot to that effect. But don't trust me on that--I could be
wrong.

Leif's a brand-new father and he's just been promoted to a brand-new
job. But he's a Moderator here, and it's possible that he'll notice
and answer your question.

Additionally, Marck probably knows, and he might give you an answer,
also.

Mary (PCWSmileys Administrator)
http://www.PCWize.com/thebat/PCWSmileys.php
The Bat! 3.0 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2