***^\     ."_)~~
 ~( __ _"o   Was another beautiful day, Thu, 23 Sep 2004,
   @  @      at 10:00:30 -0500, when Mary Bull wrote to Simon:

> I've been talking for months on tbot about learning Linux.
> Circumstances just haven't been right. I have no doubt that I can
> learn to use it, though, and I'm certainly not a scientist! :)

Nobody said it's not possible to learn to use it, even if a (wo)man is
not a scientist. (-: Even contrarily, getting in a close touch with it
is a best way for getting own impressions and experience.

Knoppix has installed copy of Wine too, so you could also try to compel
TB to work in this environment.

And although Knoppix has pretty good and extensive documentation, I love
to recommend a cookbook with lots of various recipes: "The Linux
Cookbook: Tips and Techniques for Everyday Use"
<http://alge.anart.no/projects/free_books/linuxcookbook-1.2.pdf>.

Good luck! (-:

--
Mica