Hello Mica,

Friday, September 24, 2004, 9:24:06 AM, you wrote:

MM> As I know dictionary attack would have no a way to resolve such a
MM> puzzle, so the only effective attack would have to go "step by step", or
MM> "character by character", and in ascending/descending order. Therefore,
MM> if you want to get in time, you use characters around the middle. (-;

I'll continue to use what I can remember.. The older I get, the less I
can remember :)

MM> Anyway and whatever could happen, a "longer" means "more time", as I
MM> understand these cracking technics. (-: "More time" - good, positive.
MM> "Fast" - bad, negative.

this is true. But really, what is it I am protecting, and how bad do i
want to protect it? There aren't that many passwords that i have that
are really that important to me, who would really want them??
and if they got them, could they hurt me?? probably no, most of the
time. especially with PGP and an encrypted message! I don't use it much,
but if things get sensitive, I can always use it!
 Paul