Hello Group

On Saturday, October 16, 2004, 12:01:02 AM,  wrote:

> Saturday, October 9, 2004, 1:12:44 AM, Mica wrote:

MM>> Btw, is good to have local time also quoted, altho just a remark about
MM>> time zone(s) helps enough too.

> I've been absent from the list for a while and have just taken the time
> to read some posts - this being the first.

> I have to agree with Mica's comment above.

> I haven't bothered in my personal emails, but in my line of work (IT) I
> deal a lot with people in other timezones.  To this end I always put the
> following on my footer:

> GMT +13:00

> I don't see the point of making any reference to what time it is *now*
> in anyone's timezone.  I'm telling you I am at GMT + 13.  When/if that
> matters to anyone, they can figure out whether to call me.

It's a pity everybody in NZ isn't so aware of time differences
:-)

Before I retired, if my phone rang at 2.30 a.m. I would always pick it
up and say 'hello James!' to which the reply was always 'did I get the
time difference right this time?'

Perhaps NZ Financial Controllers aren't as switched on as NZ IT
people?

--
Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK
:Jeff_Gaines: